Non US Citizens / Residents

Airmen Testing and Training DBA Palm Beach Helicopters  is authorized under Federal Law to enroll Non-Immigrant Alien (International) students and Resident Aliens into flight training classes.

An International Student is defined as an individual who is legally living in a country other than in the United States of America at the time of admission to Palm Beach Helicopters. A Resident Alien (Green Card Holder) is defined as a Permanent Resident of the U.S. but continues to be a citizen of another country.



Our M1 visa will allow vocational students to attend a full-time, flight instruction curriculum for up to one year, plus it may allow up to 3 months of employment for practical training. A married student may be accompanied by his/her spouse.

Period of stay. A student in M nonimmigrant status is admitted for a fixed time period, which is the period necessary to complete the course of study indicated on the Form I-20, plus practical training following completion of the course of study, plus an additional 30 days to depart the United States, but not to exceed a total period of one year. An M-1 student may be admitted for a period up to 30 days before the report date or start date of the course of study listed on the Form I-20. An M-1 student who fails to maintain a full course of study or otherwise fails to maintain status is not eligible for the additional 30-day period of stay.

Full-time Student

To be full-time as a flight student, you must attend at least 8 hours of instruction per week, (5 hours of flight and 3 hours of ground) and show evidence of an additional 10 hours home study for a total of 18 hours per week.

*NOTE no matter how short your course if the course or training leads to a FAA certificate or rating you must be on a M-1 Visa.

More information about studying in the US can be found here. https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students


Students may be granted one period of Employment for Practical Training for a period of time equal to one month for every four months of full course of study. Total stay cannot exceed the approved visa period.


Effective immediately all International Students and Resident Aliens (Green Card Holders) are required to submit personal information to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) , so a background check can be completed prior to starting their flight training course at Palm Beach Helicopters.


1 .The applicant (International Student or Resident Alien) registers on the TSA web site: www.flightschoolcandidates.gov  at which point they will be given by e-mail a User Name and Password.

2 . After receiving the User Name and Password from TSA, the International Student or Resident Alien logs in again on the TSA Web site, and submits the following information:

a. Full Name

b. Gender

c. Current Address

d. Five Year Address History

e. Date of Birth

f. Country of Birth

g. Country of Citizenship

3. Under Flight Training Details submit the following 

Name of the School:  Airmen Testing and Training Inc. DBA Palm Beach Helicopters

Course Name : Private Pilot OR Instrument Rating. (If you have no prior flight time then you would need to register for the Private Pilot course)

Course Id : PPL01 for private or IFR01 for instrument

Course Description: Private Pilot OR Instrument Rating . (If you have no prior flight time then you would need to register for the Private Pilot course)

Aircraft Type: (Robinson R22 or Robinson R44 or Bell 206)
Training Request Category: 3

Training Request Date: Your training dates. It is better to overestimate the completion times.

If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact the help desk listed on the website.

Palm Beach Helicopters is not responsible for the content of the website and has no control over requested documentation, procedures, or customer service issues.

Please visit www.aopa.org/tsa_rule/ for more information on TSA registration.

4 . Pay TSA the $130.00 Application Processing Fee by Credit Card on the TSA website

5 . After paying the TSA Application Fee, the International Student or Resident Alien will be told to get fingerprinted. The fingerprint cards and the application fee must be received by TSA before the flight training can be started. Please note that there may be an additional charge for this service. You can schedule for the fingerprinting at the local US Embassy in your country.

6. If TSA determines that the International Student or Resident Alien is a security threat and the student has started their training, the school will be notified and the flight training will be stopped immediately.

7. The International Student may now enroll at Palm Beach Helicopters by sending the school the following:

a. Completed Enrollment Form

b. I-20 Processing and Courier fee is $500 . The funds must be paid in US dollars by credit card, wire transfer, money order or other certified funds in advance to Palm Beach Helicopters in order to process and issue the I-20.

c. Official record of schooling or other educational achievement, which must include English language proficiency and at least twelve years of academic education, must be provided. (Photocopies of diplomas are acceptable)

d. Proof of financial ability to apply all educational expenses and support for yourself and any dependents with you during your stay in the United States. An officer from your bank will need to certify in a letter that your funds on deposit for educational and living expenses are acceptable and at least equal to the amount shown on your enrollment agreement.

Upon receipt of these items, Palm Beach Helicopters will issue and send the International Student, the I-20 M-N Form to apply for the M-1 Student Training Visa. Resident Aliens will not need an M-1 Visa to train.

8 . The next step for the International Student is to go to the Student and Exchange Visitors Information Service

(SEVIS) website: www.FMJfee.com and complete the SEVIS I-901 Form and pay the required $200.00 application fee. Resident Aliens are not required to pay this fee. This fee must be paid before the applicant arrives at the US Embassy or Consulate for the VISA Interview

Please be prepared before you go for your interview, you could do your research online or we recommend you hire a travel agency who would be familiar with the Visa process.

Other Important Information an International Student and Resident Aliens MUST know:

a. All International Students MUST be 17 years old to earn and hold a Private Pilot License.

b. All International Students MUST be 18 years old to earn and hold a Commercial Pilot License.

c. All International Students MUST be able to Read, Speak, Write and Understand English.

d. All International Students MUST be able to pass and hold a Class II FAA Medical Examination.

e. All International Students MUST train on an M-1 Student Visa.

f. ALL International Students WILL be photographed at the start of their flight training program.

Applicants from non-English speaking countries must complete the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination as a demonstration of English proficiency. A score of at least 550 is required and a copy of the test results must be forwarded to Palm Beach Helicopters.

If it is not convenient for you to complete the TOEFL exam in your country, or you are uncertain about your standard of English, you should contact the Cultural Affairs Officer at the US Embassy in your country. Palm Beach Helicopters does not currently offer English language training. We recommend the following language schools:

ALS http://web.idirect.com/~als/geninf.htm
Aviation Language Schools Inc.
4031 Woodridge Road
Miami, Florida 33133 USA
Telephone: (305)665-9041
Fax: (305)661-5983

VL www.virtual-languages.com
Virtual Languages
Aviation English On-Line
1100 North Dixie Hwy. Suite 11
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Telephone: (561)395-3686
Fax: (561)393-6893

CES www.cescorp.com
The Center For English Studies
301 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301 USA
Telephone: (954)522-0001
Fax: (954)522-7521

The following are also acceptable as exceptions to TOEFL:
  • A certificate of completion of an English language course.
  • A U.S. high school graduation diploma.
  • An FAA Pilot Certificate with no restrictions or limitations.
We highly recommend you to visit the site mentioned below for additional Visa Information:


Why PBH? Courses Staff Location Enrollment Financial Aid Aircraft Sales FAQs